It is important for everyone to have good sexual health. Men attach great importance to this factor, since the body's ability to have sexual intercourse greatly affects their self-esteem and self-confidence. When men have problems with their sex life, they become insecure and irritable.
What is potency?
Male potency is the ability of the male body to perform sexual intercourse, which will bring pleasure to both sexual partners. A full sex life is essential for a man's well-being and development. Many people equate the word "potency" with the term "erection". However, not only erection affects potency. Attraction to the opposite sex, quality and duration of intercourse are important for a good sex life.
Symptoms of low potency in the stronger sex are expressed:
- weak or no erection;
- premature ejaculation;
- lack of sexual desire;
- male frigidity.
Impotence in men is a pathological condition based on a violation of the physiological ability of the penis to become erect.
Factors Affecting Male Strength
Problems with potency can indicate stress, psychological problems of a man or health problems.
In addition, the following factors negatively affect male strength:
- smoking and alcohol;
- prostatitis and diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- some medications;
- too much physical activity or lack of it;
- relationship with a partner.
Male sexual potency changes with age. Potency in men sixty years of age and older often deteriorates, this is associated with a decrease in the production of the male hormone testosterone, atherosclerotic changes in blood vessels and diseases of the endocrine system.
Many men of this age suffer from prostatitis due to a sedentary lifestyle. A decrease in potency with prostatitis occurs quite often.
Some men show poor potency even at a young age. A young guy has problems with potency due to an unhealthy lifestyle, with inflammation of the pelvic organs and excessive alcohol consumption. Various hormonal disruptions can slow down blood flow to the genitals.
Men suffering from erectile dysfunction try to hide their sexual inadequacy by any means.
Chronic diseases as a cause
The reasons for the decrease in potency are often chronic diseases. Prostatitis and lack of treatment can lead to impotence sooner or later. Varicocele disease does not directly affect potency. However, complications associated with this disease, pain, stress and anxiety due to the course of the disease can reduce a man's sexual strength.
With hypertension, vascular elasticity decreases and blood flow to the penis decreases. Half of men with hypertension have penile flaccidity during intercourse.
In the process of treating hypertension, drugs are prescribed that also reduce potency. Chronic thyroid disease and diabetes mellitus also reduce libido.
How can impotence be prevented?
To prevent impotence for a man, it is important for him to monitor his health and nutrition:
- Give up bad habits.
- Review your diet. Include healthy foods that contain vitamins and minerals in your diet. The trace element zinc increases testosterone, it is found in oysters, pumpkin seeds, dietary meat and fish, nuts and cereals.
- Do more sports.
- Have a regular sex life.
- Get rid of constant stress and worries.
Diet for impotence plays an important role in treatment.
Checking and adjusting potency
The doctor conducts a potency test in several ways:
- Biothesiometry.Determines the sensitivity of the glans penis using a vibration device.
- Pharmacodynamic dopplerography of the vessels of the penis.It consists in measuring blood flow in the vessels of the penis using certain medicinal substances.
- Blood tests.Helps to establish the level of the hormone testosterone, determine cholesterol and get tested for diabetes.
- Blood test for PSA level.A high level of prostate-specific antigen may indicate the presence of prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
Impotence at a young age definitely cannot be a normal variant.
How to maintain potency?
For long-term preservation of potency, it is important to take care of your health from youth. Healthy sleep, proper nutrition and sports at any age will have a beneficial effect not only on the sexual, but also on the other systems of the man's body. See your doctor in time if you experience various kinds of diseases.
Ways to return potency
What do you need for a good potency? To increase potency in men, medicines and folk remedies are used. For good potency, great importance is also given to the psychological factor and the situation in the family. During treatment, it is important to support the man morally and relieve him of unnecessary stress.
Medicines are prescribed by a doctor and must be taken in strict accordance with his recommendations. Such funds normalize the work of blood vessels, return male strength and stimulate an erection.
Elimination of impotence in some cases becomes difficult.
In addition to medicines, your doctor may prescribe gels, ointments, or injections.
Folk remedies: how to increase potency at home?
At the initial stages of problems with male power, traditional medicine is used in combination with preventive measures.
The most effective alternative methods of treating impotence are:
- St. John's wort decoction.
- A decoction of hop cones.
- Grated walnuts with honey.
- A decoction of hawthorn and sage.
Complex of physical exercises
Exercise that improves blood circulation in the pelvic organs will naturally increase a man's potency. There will definitely not be a qualitative effect from several sessions per month; regularity is important in the exercises. Yoga classes increase potency, as they affect not only the organs and muscles of a man, but also relieve stress and irritability.
The most powerful exercises:
- Butterfly.Lie on your back, bend your knees and bring your feet to your buttocks. On exhalation, the bent legs are spread to the side and returned back.
- "Birch".This exercise improves blood circulation, is an excellent prevention of varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
- Squats.Reduces blood congestion and has a positive effect on the prostate gland.
Good potency depends on many physical and psychological factors. Lack of stress, proper nutrition, exercise, regular sex life - all this has a beneficial effect on the strength of a man in bed. If the problem does appear, do not postpone the visit to the doctor. Complex treatment will effectively restore potency and restore self-confidence.